Building the Business Case
Just as with a business-to -business solution, a business case must be built before embarking on an implementation for your ecommerce website, which means:
- understanding your objectives;
- understanding the business model;
- balancing costs against profits.
In assessing the cost-effectiveness of a business-to-c it is useful to make the distinction between:
- existing businesses taking advantage of the web;
- small-time entrepreneurs seeing an sales opportunity and setting up a small shop front;
- and new Internet start-up companies with innovative ideas.